Personal Injury Lawyer Houston
Every day, workers are injured in industrial explosions. It is estimated that 1,000 deaths occur each year from preventable industrial system failures. If you or someone you know has been affected by an incident at an industrial facility, construction site, or oil refinery, you can file a personal injury claim. You have a right to be compensated for life changing harms and losses.
At Sigmon Law PLLC, we have experience with complex industrial cases. Working with a Houston personal injury attorney at our firm ensures that you will have effective counsel working diligently to help you every step of the way.
Common Injuries from Industrial Explosions
Injuries suffered after a plant or refinery explosion are often critical and sometimes fatal. Most injuries are from the physical blast and fire. However, the aftermath of the explosion can prove just as damaging.
Common injuries include:
• Burns – heat from a plant explosion can reach thousands of degrees. Exposure to this level of heat and chemicals found in refineries and plants can leave you with severe burns. You face pain, scarring and disfigurement. Emotional and psychological damage may also occur.
- Orthopedic harm– muscles, ligaments and joints become damaged. These can occur from skull fractures, broken bones and damaged vertebrae.
- Lacerations – these serious cuts can come from falling debris or the explosion itself. A deep wound or shallow gash can be painful and leave a permanent scar.
- Acoustic trauma – not only heat, but the noise of an explosion can lead to hearing loss that is temporary or permanent.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (“PTSD”) – PTSD can result from surviving a traumatic event like an explosion at your job.
- Smoke inhalation – plumes of smoke are a natural byproduct of a plant explosion. Inhaling this smoke is toxic and extremely harmful for your body, causing shortness of breath and long-term injury to your airways.
Contact Our Personal Injury Law Firm 713.333.7979
If you were injured at work from an industrial explosion you should speak with a personal injury lawyer Houston. Contact Sigmon Law PLLC, for assistance with your industrial explosion claim.